How to Store Aloe Vera in 4 Easy Ways
Aloe Vera is a plant whose popularity is growing day by day, thanks to its remarkable effects which have an impact on increasing the utilization rate. This plant is in tropical and subtropical regions like Latin America, the Caribbean, and South Africa. Despite its use to a large extent, most of us think about how to store Aloe Vera?
Benefits of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has found extensive use in our everyday life. It is used for medical purposes for the treatment of several inflations of the skin, hair treatment, but also as a food ingredient. Furthermore, because of its specificity, nowadays, many pharmacies use Aloe Vera as among the most critical components for a variety of drugs.
Also, many cosmetic companies use Aloe Vera as an active compound for many of their products. However, with increasing utilization and cultivation, comes an issue which is equally important and it has to do with the ways of this plant conservation, for the purpose of long-term use. Companies are investigating on how to store Aloe Vera.
I shall provide some examples of how you can store this plant in the home conditions and increase the period of its use. So you can practice these ways, the next time when you have this plant in your home.
Method 1 - The use of Honey
Honey, as we know, has exceptional properties, and is a more efficient way to preserve the Aloe Vera plants. Since there are significant amounts of natural sugar, honey is a product that never expires. Also, the small amount of water helps its lifespan. Thus, you can use honey as a very effective method to preserve Aloe Vera plants. The description below will show you how to store Aloe Vera?
What do you need to do?
- Step 1: Extract the gel from the Aloe Vera leaves, you should clean it to remove the yellow fluid.
- Step 2: Mix the Aloe Vera gel with the same amount of honey.
- Step 3: This composition can make use later for face masks or as a component of food recipes.
The use of honey for maintaining Aloe Vera is one of the simplest methods and can be applied in a short period.
Method 2 - Storing Aloe Vera in the Freezer
Maintaining Aloe Vera through freezing is another way to make the efficient use of this plant longer. Have you ever thought how to store Aloe Vera? I have to share something with you. Through this method, I can explain some tips to succeed. Even after this method, you can still enjoy the most of the natural components of this plant.
Following are Steps to Storing Aloe Vera in the Freezer
- Step 1: Select the size of the leaf.
- Step 2: With a sharp knife open the outer part of the plant.
- Step 3: Remove gelatinous mass from the interior of the plant and put in the ice tray.
- Step 4: Put ice tray in the freezer and use it whenever you need it.
Below is a video on the process
Freezing is a very efficient method for all those who think of how to store Aloe Vera. Even to increase its efficiency, experts advise adding vitamin E, to the gelatinous mass. In this way, it will enhance the effectiveness of this product, especially if you are using for facial, nail or hair treatments.
Method 3 - How to store Aloe Vera with Vitamin C?
This method is another way that shows how to store Aloe Vera. When you add vitamin C in Aloe Vera, you can store this plant in the refrigerator up to a month. This method of preservation of Aloe Vera is recommended because it affects more interestingly, after the extension of the period of use.
What do you need to do?
- Step 1: First, you need to cut a leaf of Aloe Vera on both sides and the top.
- Step 2: Put it in water and left there for 24 hours and change the water every 12 hours. The aim of this process is to pull out the yellow layer known as Aloin, as the substance can be irritating to the skin.
- Step 3: Drag gelatinous mass with a spoon.
- Step 4: Add the gelatinous mass of Aloe Vera plant in the blender together with vitamin C.
- Step 5: Now you can digest the measures with a blender.
- Step 6: Put the product obtained in a container and place in the refrigerator. After this process of preserving the Aloe Vera plant, you can use it whenever you need.
Method 4 - Storing Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe Vera extract will obtain Aloe Vera juice. It is scientifically proven that Aloe Vera juice helps in the treatment of inflammation, high cholesterol, diabetes and many other diseases. Also, research shows that the extract can stimulate the immune system functioning.
Aloe Vera juice can be prepared at home or can be purchased in the store. With numerous benefits and excellent efficiency that has the Aloe Vera. Many users of this plant have asked how to preserve the juice.
Most of you have been wondering how to store Aloe Vera? Not only have you, but even many pharmaceutical companies made various investigations and tests about maintaining this fluid. There are several ways to preserve aloe Vera juice, which I will share with you.
What do you need to do?
- One of the methods for maintaining the liquid Aloe Vera is to take the whole of the plant, to cut lengthwise and squeeze the gel. You can use these measures and add vinegar. Then the liquid can be utilized as a mixture of other fruit juices. You should keep the gel in the dark black pot which does not allow light penetration in the refrigerator. In this case, glass vessels are recommended.
- Another way is to store it in a plastic container, and in this instance, the container must be closed, and the color that is recommended is black or brown.
- Also, Aloe Vera juice can be preserved even by adding citric acid or vitamin of there anymore; the fluid made to stay longer and increases its efficiency.
- Whereas, when it comes to vitamins combination for the fluid preservation of Aloe Vera, the best solution is a combination of vitamin C and vitamin E.
- Others have a more preferred method of storage of liquid Aloe Vera through the ice tray. In this way, people can be readily available liquid aloe Vera and can use it in any liquid by placing an ice cube, which after melt, will give its effects.
This article is a guide of the best ways of how to store Aloe Vera. With the increasing importance of the day for this plant, I believe that this article is equally important and that will help your choice of how to store Aloe Vera. Since we learned how this plant should be maintained, and the importance and the effect it has, you should treat with caution and stop wasting this beautiful plant.
Perhaps you can find other methods of how to store Aloe Vera. However, we have included in this article the best ways by giving detailed explanations, which should be followed at every step to achieve the required results. Studies have shown that these methods are highly efficient in maintaining the plant.
Furthermore, the pursuit of meticulous advice and guidance you can do this plant to last more in your home.
I’d love to hear your stories and any other method for storing this plant, which you may share with us.