Do you have braces? Then you know the struggle of looking for the best toothbrush for braces! A good toothbrush for braces is much different than any regular toothbrush. Having braces will require you to invest in a toothbrush that is made of softer material and efficient when cleaning under the pins and wires.
But how will you know what the best toothbrush is for you? Read on as I show you the ultimate purchasing guide about toothbrushes for braces.
Table of Contents
- Using a Toothbrush for Braces
- Benefits of Using the Best Toothbrush for Braces
- Tips on How to Care For Your Teeth With Braces
- How to Purchase the Best Toothbrush for Braces
- Top Five Best Toothbrush for Braces Reviews
- #1 - Electric Toothbrush By Dr. Jim Ellis
- #2 - Oral-B Vitality Dual Clean Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
- #3 - Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean Rechargeable Toothbrush
- #4 - Waterpik Complete Care Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush, WP-900
- #5 - Oral-B 7000 SmartSeries Black Electronic Power Rechargeable Toothbrush
- In Conclusion
Using a Toothbrush for Braces
What are braces anyway? Braces are a tool used to help fix any form of teeth misalignment. Braces aren't for everyone, though. Dentists usually prescribe braces for their patients if they have crooked, crowned or misplaced teeth. The prescription will eventually help make cleaning easier and help prevent tooth decay.
Braces are a tool used to help fix any form of teeth misalignment
Braces are a bit expensive and you will need to them for at least a year, or until your teeth are properly aligned. Though it may take time, they are a sound investment and will save a lot of trouble down the line, as compared to paying for a lot of dental problems in the long run.
Caring for your teeth with braces is different when compared to maintaining a set of teeth without braces. The most important product you need is a great toothbrush that works well with braces. That’s why I recommend the best toothbrush for braces. It has very soft bristles that will still clean your mouth properly. We'll get to that in the following sections.
Benefits of Using the Best Toothbrush for Braces
There are many types of toothbrushes available out there, but why should you get a softer toothbrush more suitable for braces? Here are some of the benefits using toothbrushes recommended for braces can offer:
The number one benefit all quality toothbrushes have to offer is that they can brush away all dirt and bits of food from your teeth. This will leave your teeth clean and healthy!
With softer bristles, you have more control and less discomfort, so you are able to brush your teeth and braces without the pain. Using a toothbrush for braces will prevent bleeding of the gums or harsly hitting the wires and pins, which can damage your braces.
While manual toothbrushes give you more control and without the noise, there are electric toothbrushes for braces that have many new features. You can some that include a timer and cleaning modes for efficiency, making it easier and less of a hassle to brush your teeth.
Since you're using a toothbrush recommended for braces, you won't need to worry about having to go to the dentist to have your braces or teeth checked after damaging your braces by brushing with hard excessively bristles. It saves you the time and money in the long run, not to mention pain.
Tips on How to Care For Your Teeth With Braces
When you have found a toothbrush suitable for your teeth with braces, the next step is practicing how to brush without feeling any pain.
Here Are Some Tips You Can Follow
- Brush your teeth every time after meals. If you are unable to brush your teeth after eating, then make sure to rinse your mouth well to remove most of the bits that may get stuck in your teeth. As often as possible, bring a travel toothbrush and floss.
- You must brush at least twice a day, once after waking up and before sleeping. The whole procedure should take at least two minutes, or half a minute for each quadrant of your mouth.
- When I mention brushing four quadrants, be sure to divide your mouth into four sections to make sure you brushed all your teeth adequately. Grip the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle, using only light pressure to avoid injuries along the gum line.
- Brush both outer and inner teeth, repeated using short strokes. Again, make sure to look out for the wires and be sure to check between your braces to eliminate plaque. Expect a little bleeding, since your braces inflame the gums.
- Replace your toothbrush at least every three months, or whenever you noticea bit of wear on it since the bristles wear down quickly due to the wires on your braces.
- Always remember to check in with your dentist at least once every six months.
Below is a video on the process
How to Purchase the Best Toothbrush for Braces
You know what a toothbrush for braces is, as well as how to properly use it to brush your teeth. But do you know what the best toothbrush for braces is and which is best for you?
Here are some tips and factors to consider:
There are three different types of bristles to choose from, ranging from soft to hard. Like I mentioned earlier, it's best to go for softer bristles since excessively hard bristles may harm your enamel and gums, especially considering that you are wearing braces.
Shape and Size
Since everyone has different mouth shapes and sizes, find out which toothbrush head size suits you best. It's different for everyone. Hold the toothbrush and check its grip, as well as the shape of the brush head. You might have to try a few until you get the one most suitable for you.
Manual or Electric?
While both of these toothbrushes perform well at cleaning your teeth, they each have their pros and cons. Manual toothbrushes are a more affordable choice and can efficiently clean out your whole mouth if used correctly.
Electric toothbrushes have a higher price tag but come with excellent features that will make sure you completely clean your teeth, which is very beneficial for braces.
Top Five Best Toothbrush for Braces Reviews
Based on research, tests, and customer reviews, here are the five best toothbrushes for braces
When it comes to cleaning your teeth with braces, you might find it a bit difficult when compared to brushing with no braces. Fortunately, there are now toothbrushes suitable for braces that you can use, including many brands and toothbrush designs.
Choose a great toothbrush to have a radiant smile, with or without braces.
Out of all the toothbrushes I have tested and reviewed, the one I recommend most is the Electric Toothbrush By Dr. Jim Ellis. This electric toothbrush does the basic job of keeping you comfortable while brushing your teeth. It also has the ability to gently clean your teeth and gums without causing you any pain and discomfort as well, thanks to the three speed variations and the two effective timers.
Using its soft quality bristles, it will clean all parts of your teeth better than any ordinary soft toothbrush. Plus, the affordable price makes it well worth the investment, considering that it’s an electric toothbrush with a practical design and easy-to-adjust modes. I would recommend this toothbrush for anyone who has sensitive teeth or braces.
I hope that this article on the best toothbrush for braces was informative and will help you decide what you should invest in for cleaning your teeth. So what are you waiting for? Invest in a toothbrush ideal for braces today and enjoy the superior comfort while using it.
If you enjoyed the article or have any other reviews about the best toothbrush for braces, then comment down below. I would love to know what you think about the subject.
If you like the infographic, feel free to use it on your site using the code below