Have you ever heard about aloe vera detox? Everyone already knows about the greatness of aloe vera when it comes to hair repair. However, few only have the knowledge of its potential when it comes to detoxifying your body.
What Is Aloe Vera?
Aloe vera is a succulent that is famous for its health benefits. This plant is widely used for centuries as a treatment for many health problems. It is also called as the "plant of immortality" by the Egyptians because of its myriad applications.
Aloe vera provides vitamins and nutrients to the body.
Aloe vera's history of being used as a healing and medicinal plant paved the way to the discovery of alternative medicines used in the present time. Some of this plant's benefits and properties are the following
- Hair treatment
- Anti-inflammatory property
- Anti-bacterial property
- Soothing effect
- Contains antioxidants
- Packed with vitamins
The commercial products along that contain aloe vera are based on the traditional used of this plant that has been celebrated and studied for a long time already. Because of these health benefits, aloe vera is now an attractive component for improving digestion, detoxifying your body, treat skin conditions, and it can also be consumed as a health supplement when used correctly.
Aloe Vera as a Detox
"Aloe Vera Detox" – This phrase might be foreign to you. However, the use of aloe vera is not limited to topical use. As mentioned above, aloe vera is also good for your internal body. The juice made from aloe vera gel and other herbs can be used as a detox. The appearance of this juice might not be appealing to you but, keep in mind the health benefits you can harvest from this detox.
Aloe Vera Detox Components
Why is aloe vera detox good for you? Well, Aloe vera detox or aloe vera juice can improve your health condition and cure diseases because of these components below.
- Add minerals to your diet. Aloe vera contains copper, calcium, chromium, magnesium, iron, selenium, sodium, potassium, manganese and zinc and much more. These minerals help improve the metabolic pathway of your enzymes and increase enzyme activity that ensures detoxification of your body’s metabolic wastes.
- You need enzymes. This succulent plant also contains necessary enzymes such as amylase and lipase that helps break down fat and sugars. These enzymes act as support for better digestion.
- Vitamins are essential. Aloe vera also contains B12 that helps the production of red blood cells. This plant is also a source of vitamins A, C, E that fight free radicals and vitamins B1, B2, B3 (niacin), B6 and choline that are needed for amino acid metabolism.
- Your body also need polysaccharides. Aloe vera also contains approximately 200 Aloe mucilaginous polysaccharides (AMP) – a long chain of sugar molecules made of glucose sugar molecules and individual mannose. These molecules also act as anti-inflammatory agents and also have an anti-bacterial and ani-viral property which helps improve your immune system functions.
The Benefits of Aloe Vera Detox
Detox cleansing from the inside to help the body organs work better
Aloe vera detox cleanses your body naturally. This detox is considered as one of the best body cleaners around the globe. It has the necessary properties to get rid of the toxins from your stomach, kidneys, spleen, liver, bladder and colon. Detoxifying the body also has the effect of losing weight. One of the simplest ways you can try is to try to cleanse for weight loss, which can have a dramatic impact on weight loss within a few days.
The following are the benefits of this detox juice
A Much Healthier Heart
No one can deny the importance of the health condition of your heart. Well, aloe vera detox assures you that it can support the healthy function of your heart in many ways. How? By lowering your cholesterol levels. Aloe vera’s beta-Sitosterol helps control the cholesterol level of your body leading to a well-functioning heart.
Say Goodbye to Inflammation
The anti-inflammatory property of aloe vera helps relieve the symptoms caused by excessive inflammation of your bodies like arthritis or even cancer. Aloe vera can help reduce the pain and inflammation caused by the mentioned conditions.
Aloe Vera Detox Enhances Your Digestion
The ability of aloe vera juice to improve your digestion is one of the benefits that most of its patrons appreciate. Some of the symptoms and illnesses that aloe vera detox include constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, irritable bowel syndrome, and indigestion. The detoxifying property of aloe vera contributes to its cleansing effect. This detox helps clean your digestive tract including your colon and intestines resulting to a better and healthy digestive system.
Detoxify Your Body Using Aloe Vera
A detox using aloe vera as its main ingredient became popular because of the detoxifying property of aloe vera. This detox will support the primary function of your kidney and liver which is to filter harmful elements and other wastes in your body. You'll become almost toxic free if you combine this detox along with other full body detox products at least once a month.
After learning the benefits of this plant, we can now proceed to the process of preparing this plant into a healthy juice.
How to Make Your Aloe Vera Juice
If you want to enjoy all the benefits of the detox made from aloe vera, you need to consume a freshly made one because most of the phytochemicals in the plant will lose its potency when processed.
The succulent aloe vera is commonly found in the yards and gardens. You can always grow your very own aloe vera plants because is it one of the easiest plants to tend and make your detox juice using it. Now, if you have an aloe vera plant in your yard, you can always have a freshly made Aloe vera juice whenever you want it.
Plant Your Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is easy to grow. You can plant it in pots or yard. If you are living in areas with freezing winters, it is best to plant it in a pot so you can transfer it indoors when it gets too cold. We recommend growing several aloe vera plants if you want to have a regular supply of this succulent for your juice.
Prepare Aloe Vera Gel
After growing your very own aloe vera plant, you can now start harvesting it to create your aloe vera detox.
- Harvest the leaves of your plant when it reaches its maturity, and the leaves are already 8-10 cm thick. Cut the leaves close to the base using a sharp knife. Collect the fleshy and juicy leaves.
- Wash the freshly cut leaves thoroughly using water and place it on a plate. Slice the top skin of the leaf to expose the colorless and juicy pulp underneath.
- Scrape the colorless pulp of the aloe using a spoon and transfer it to a container. You can also try squeezing the gel out of the leaves. The aloe vera gel has a mild and watery taste. If you collected lots of aloe vera gel, you could always store it for future use.
What if you harvest too much aloe vera and can not use them all? Learn how to store aloe vera for long term use.
Aloe Vera Detox Recipes
Creating your aloe vera detox is not hard. The ingredients and procedure are nothing fancy. It'll be super easy to acquire the ingredients that you'll need to create the detox that will suit your taste.
Here are five of the recipes that you can enjoy.
Conclusion: Aloe Vera Detox
If you want to enjoy all the great things about this juice, you can always create your own. Follow the instruction mentioned above to fully enjoy the positive impact of this detox to your body.
For some of these benefits you’ll need to take aloe vera juice daily, and for others, you can simply drink it when you feel the need. Some of us may not be okay to consumed aloe vera, so it is best to consult your physician before trying this detox.
Your feedback matters to me, so if you have any questions or clarifications, feel free to leave a comment and if you like what you read here, you are very welcome to share it.
If you like the infographic, feel free to use it on your site using the code below