If you are planning to eat healthier, I know it's hard to go through different sites and to look for the best diet possible. You are probably tired and broke from buying different products that will just give you false hope. But there is a wonder seed that comes with the ultimate health benefits and for a low price – chia seeds! But what do these seeds do and where do you get them? Read on to find out my top five choices on the best chia seeds and the wonders they can do!
Table of Contents
- What Are Chia Seeds?
- Benefits of the Best Chia Seeds
- How to Choose the Best Chia Seeds?
- The Best Chia Seeds Brands
- #1 - Chia Seeds Raw Pesticide-Free by Healthworks
- #2 - Kiva Organic Chia Seeds - PREMIUM GRADE - Raw, Non-GMO and Vegan by Kiva Health
- #3 - Organic Chia Seed, Black by Nutiva
- #4 - The FINEST Raw Organic Chia Seeds by Viva Naturals
- #5 - Certified Organic Chia Seeds 2 Pounds by Marquis-Nutra Foods
- How to Use the Chia Seeds Effectively?
- Conclusion: What Is the Best Chia Seed Brand?
What Are Chia Seeds?
Chia seeds are from a flowering plant originating from Mexico and Guatemala. It has been an important seed since the ancient civilization. It was in 1991 when Wayne Coates started studying chia seeds. He found out that there are many benefits we could have from it.
Chia seed is a kind of super food that has many incredible benefits on the body
These seeds have healthy omega-3 fats and fiber and can give you a ton of health benefits. It can boost your energy, give you healthy skin, helps to reduce skin aging, and helps different systems in our body. But what other things can the bet chia seeds do for you?
Benefits of the Best Chia Seeds
Chia seeds would give you the greatest benefits for the lowest price. If you are looking for the best chia seeds brand, it should be able to provide the following health benefits:
In recent studies, it was shown that chia seeds could help lower your cholesterol and fat levels in the blood. Also, it could prevent insulin resistance. Chia seeds could help people with type 2 diabetes because it helps with stabilizing glucose levels.
High in Fiber
Fiber is an essential nutrient for our digestion. Chia seeds contain enough fiber that could help digest food and use it for energy. This action will cause better health and control body weight.
These seeds could help your stomach empty slower; this will make you feel fuller for longer, a decrease in appetite, and less food craving. That equals to eating less and losing more weight to reach your goals quickly.
And because of its high fiber levels, it can allow healthier digestion, protecting your liver and having it function even better. It even helps your intestine!
Rich in Omega-3
Omega-3 is an anti-inflammatory and could lower your blood’s triglycerides. Also, it has been shown that Omega-3 can help you lose weight. The healthy fatty acids help you feel satiated and also keep your skin smooth and glowing.
Lowers Blood Pressure
Chia seeds are high in fiber, Omega-3s, and protein. This helps improve your metabolic health and can lower down cholesterol and inflammation, which could help lower your blood pressure. Since it helps decrease blood pressure, it prevents any form of heart diseases and improves your cardiovascular health.
Chia seeds will give you all the energy you need to go through your busy work day through its powerful nutrients. It has a good ratio of protein, fats, and fiber. The powerful nutrients won’t increase your blood sugar; it will prevent you to crave food and overeat later.
Chia seeds provide energy for your busy life
Because chia seeds are filled with protein as compared to other plants, it can help retain and build more muscle. As long as you follow an effective workout routine and continue to have an adequate amount of chia seeds and protein sources, you'll experience a gain in lean muscle!
Chia seeds contain antioxidants that could fight against bacteria and virus that would cause damage, which can turn into diseases. Not only does it help improve your immune system, but it's great to use for your skin to make it have that youthful glow again.
Chia seeds have a high protein content. In this light, vegans and vegetarian can get the enough protein they need for the day. Protein is one of the essential nutrients needed by our body. High levels of protein can make you feel fuller and reduces appetite as well as thinking about food.
How to Choose the Best Chia Seeds?
Quality chia seeds are of white or speckled black in color. There are many popular brown chia seeds in the market, but those seeds did not mature enough to carry all the chia seeds benefits.
One other thing you can do is a "sniff" test on your seeds. If they have no smell – you are ready to go! Otherwise, throw those seeds away! The freshness of chia seeds is another factor in determining how much benefits you would have. The fresher the seeds, the greater the benefits. You may want to know about shelf life and how to preserve chia seeds, this article will bring a lot of valuable information.
Choose the best chia seeds for your health and your family.
Also, you may want to look at the labels. Based on my experience, your chia seeds should be organic and certified non-GMO. This label means your seeds are safe from any harmful pesticides during its planting process.
The Best Chia Seeds Brands
Before you spend your money on chia seeds, look at my reviews on each product. I based it on two major factors: Quality and price. The chia seeds MUST be capable and with the right consistency, incorporating well into my recipes. And of course, the price is a major factor because we all want something worth what we pay for! So without further ado, here are my reviews on the top five best chia seeds, along with a rating you can base your decision on too!
This chia seeds brand boasts to be the #1 organic chia seed brand in the US. This brand met all the high-quality standards from the USDA. They claim to be packed with minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and iron.
Healthworks, the company that produced this product, sourced their goods from small farmers. And I can surely say that it does the job well. While I do have some issues with swallowing the thick consistency, I can quickly dilute it with water. I can vouch that these are genuine chia seeds because I feel full and much better about my body after a few days of incorporating it into my meal plan. Definitely, a must buy!
- Nut-free and grain-free
- Gluten Free
- Suitable for vegetarians and raw vegans
- Have anti-diabetic properties
- Some users said that they had received a product that had worms
- A bit difficult to swallow
Kiva organic boasts of having 100% organic chia seeds that are a premium grade, and triple cleaned. This is the brand for you if you like to have your chia seeds in a resealable bag – ensuring that it stays fresh for a longer period.
It's also best for ultimate quality as it brings the cleanest and premium-grade chia seeds you need for just about any meal. I love its consistency and feel with the remarkable benefits.
- Great substitute for store-bought drinks
- Aids in digestion
- Fast customer service
- Some users experienced a faulty packaging
- Poor packaging
- Does not say it is Non-GMO Certified
Nutiva has been around for long to prove their dominance in the chia seeds industry. Many users repurchase this product due to its wonderful tastes and health benefits for the body. And I'm one of them! I bought these a couple of times, and I'm assured that these are great to use for my scrub and meals.
This chia seed brand passed and followed the FDA guidelines, so no one needs to worry about safety issues. It has the ideal consistency as long as you don't soak it for long, and you'll enjoy its effectivity immediately. While it may be a bit more expensive than others, I can say it's worth the price for those into organic and fresh chia seeds.
- Non-GMO Certified and organic
- You will feel fuller once you eat a meal with a serving of this
- Ideal for mixing with scrubs or creating a mask
- Has a deliciously fresh taste
- Quite pricey
- Hard to swallow when soaked for a long time
Viva Labs has been a big name in the chia seeds industry, but they soon rebranded to Viva Naturals. Don't fret – Viva Naturals has the same ingredients and benefits, just a sleeker design. I love the new and improved chia seeds. While it didn't change in quality (which is already excellent!), the new packaging looks so much more attractive and easy to use.
This might be the best brand for you if you want a neutral taste for your seeds. You can add this to your favorite smoothies or oatmeal, without adding any flavor, which is beneficial because it makes it thicker and without any taste, I need to worry about. It's ideal for scrubs and masks because of it!
- Raw whole seeds
- Non-GMO Certified and organic
- Great thickening agent
- Can be used in variety of ways (since it has a neutral taste)
- Some users found tiny bits of dirt
- Has a muddy smell
This brand of Chia seed is high in calcium, fiber, and protein, which is perfect for those who need to focus on bone health and building muscle. If you require something for weight loss and to keep building your muscles, then this is it. It helped me shed a few inches around my waist after a few weeks of using it.
Following a meal plan and consistent workouts helped me as well.
- Affordable price
- Ideal for weight loss and muscle retention
- Excellent customer service
- Label on the products was not readable
- Has a lot of dirt mixed with the seeds
- Doesn’t say if it is Non-GMO Certified
How to Use the Chia Seeds Effectively?
There are many ways to take chia seeds. You can mix it with tea and water, making a soothing tea with an added crush. You can also put the seeds in your smoothie for better consistency and flavor when drinking it. Furthermore, you can add this to pancake batter or even your salad! But always remember that you must take chia seeds moderately. Too much of anything is bad for your health.
Recipes Using Chia Seeds
If you’re wondering how to use chia seeds, here are two of my favorite and easy ways to help you get started:
Now, this is my favorite breakfast bowl! It's quick to do and leaves me filled with my workout and job ahead.
Here are the ingredients you need
- Quarter cup of chia seeds
- A cup of almond milk
- Two small bananas, chopped
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A dash of cinnamon
- Two tablespoons of raisins
- Two tablespoons of chopped almonds
- A hint of cinnamon
- Two tablespoons of hemp seeds
- Step 1: Mash the bananas in a bowl and mix it with the chia seeds. Add the almond milk, vanilla, and cinnamon, whisking it until everything is combined. Put it in the fridge and leave it overnight.
- Step 2: In the morning, add the chia seed mixture in the bowl. You can add more milk to thin it out, or even blend it with a morning smoothie. If it's too thin, add more chia seeds.
- Step 3: Add your desired toppings. You can add even more fruits! Drizzle it with cinnamon and hemp seeds, and you're ready to go. This mixture can last for up to three days.
Chia Face Scrub
What I love about chia seeds is that I can use it for a face scrub, making me have better and smoother skin thanks to its antioxidants!
- A quarter cup of coconut oil
- One teaspoon of lemon juice
- One tablespoon of chia seeds
- Step 1. Mix all the ingredients and then store it in a jar.
- Step 2. Use it by rinsing your face and applying this scrub to your face in circular motions.
- Step 3. Leave the mixture on for about two minutes before removing it with a wet washcloth (as much as possible, use a soft cloth and warm water!).
- Step 4. Rinse your face with cold water, and you're done. You can leave the scrub in the fridge for about five days.
Conclusion: What Is the Best Chia Seed Brand?
There are a lot of brands that claim to be the best in the industry. But, what are the best chia seeds?
I have considered a lot of factors before coming up with my final choice. Based on quality and effectivity, brand name and affordability, the best chia seed brand I would recommend is Chia Seeds Raw Pesticide-Free by Healthworks. As the #1 organic chia seeds available across the US, you are assured effectivity at an affordable price!
So if you're planning to start eating right, add chia seeds to any of your dishes to give it a boost of healthiness and texture. As long as you continue using the quality chia seeds, you will experience the best results your body will thank you for. Don't wait any longer and try any of these best chia seeds today!
If you have any questions or would like to share your reviews on the best chia seeds, then comment down below. I would love to hear what you have to think.
If you like the infographic, feel free to use it on your site using the code below